NPHD will acquire personal information only as needed for its business performance directly from the person concerned, a third party or any information that is disclosed to the public. NPHD will not acquire any personal information through false or other improper means.
2. Purpose of use
NPHD will use the personal information acquired for the following purposes, except with the prior consent of the person concerned or in accordance with laws and regulations.
|Type of personal information||Purpose of use|
|Information on our business partners||・Sales and provision of products and services, and purchase of raw materials of its group companies (including contacts, visits, payments, and bills)|
・Advertising and sales promotion of the products and services of its group companies (including events, seminars, announcements, questionnaires, and surveys)
・Customer support such as after-sales service for products and services of its group companies (including response to inquiries and requests)
・Testing, research and development of the products and services of its group companies (including quality improvement)
|Information on inquiries and provision of information||・Response to inquiries and its records|
・Analysis for improving the quality and services of our group companies
|Information on internships and recruitment||・Providing information and contacting applicants for internships and recruitment|
・Questionnaires on recruitment activities and making statistical information
・Responding to inquiries
・Employment procedures after hiring decision and employment management after joining
・Other uses related to recruitment activities
|Information about retirees||・Retirement procedures|
・Management of records of work, salary, health information, etc. during employment
・Response to various social insurance-related inquiries
・All kinds of communications from us
3. Safety management
NPHD will implement reasonable and appropriate safety measures to prevent unauthorized access to personal data from the outside, loss, destruction, tampering, and leakage of personal information. In addition, NPHD will establish rules on the handling of personal information for employees, clarify rules, and ensure that its employees are informed of them. In the event that the handling of personal information is entrusted to a third party, NPHD will provide necessary and appropriate supervision of such entrusted company to ensure the safe management of personal information by the entrusted party.
4. Provision to Third Parties
NPHD will not provide any personal data in its possession to any third party except in any of the following cases:
- In the cases where NPHD has obtained the prior consent of the person concerned.
- In the event that the business is succeeded to and personal information is provided through a merger, spin-off, or transfer of business.
- In the cases where the handling of personal information is entrusted to an outside business operator or other third party within the scope necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of use.
- Cases based on laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain consent of the person concerned.
- Cases in which there is a special need to enhance public hygiene or promote fostering healthy children, and when it is difficult to obtain a consent of the person concerned.
- In the event that it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, local government, or a party entrusted by the said agency in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and there is a risk that obtaining the consent of the person concerned may interfere with the execution of the affairs concerned.
- In addition to the above, cases where the information is permitted to be provided pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws, regulations, etc.
5. Joint use
In order to achieve the Purpose of use, NPHD may share personal data as follows.
- Scope of joint use
・NPHD group companies (https://www.nipponpaint-holdings.com/company/group/)
・Nippon Paint Health Insurance Association
・Nippon Paint Corporate Pension Fund
・Nippon Paint Labor Union
・Nippon Paint Welfare Center
- Categories of the jointly used personal information
Information such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, affiliation/department name, position, and other information obtained in accordance with this policy.
- Purposes for the joint use
To achieve the purposes listed in 2. Purpose of use.
- Name of person responsible for joint use Nippon Paint Marine Coatings Co., Ltd.
6. Transfer outside Japan
In the event that personal data is provided to a third party, such as a business entity outside Japan, including a contractor or joint user, NPHD will take necessary and appropriate measures including grasping the external environment in accordance with the provisions of laws and regulations.
7. Disclosure of retained personal data
- In the event that notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, suspension of use, suspension of provision to a third party, or disclosure of the record related to provision to/from a third party of retained personal data is requested, NPHD will take appropriate action after confirming that the request is from the person in question.
- If you wish to receive a written notice for identification or other action, NPHD may charge you 839 yen per action (incl. consumption tax).
*Under the Personal Information Protection Act, retained personal data shall mean such personal data which a business operator handling personal information (NPHD) has the authority to disclose, correct, add to or delete, suspend the use, or suspend the provision to a third party except which is specified by a Cabinet Order as harming public or other interests when the existence or non-existence of such data is known.
8. Changes in the personal information protection policy
9. Contact Information
Inquiries or requests regarding the handling of personal information (including notices of purpose of use, disclosure, corrections, additions, deletions, suspension of use, suspension of provision to third parties, and disclosure of the record related to provision to/from a third party) should be submitted to the department that acquired the personal information. If it is unclear, please contact us via the Inquiry Form.
Established April 1, 2005
Date of final revision August 24, 2022